(2) The command is to "submit to me," rather than "I will serve you."
(3) The method of leadership is to "order" people around, rather than to appeal for them to do the right things.
(4) There is a dominating, "pushy" drive instead of a dependence on God to direct.
(5) There is a sense of control, rather than a sense of support.
(6) A gift is exploited so that others are made to feel dependent on it.
(7) There is an inflexibility - "don't question me" - "don't touch the Lord's anointed."
(8) There is unapproachability and intimidation - the "aura" around the leader keeps the followers in "awe."
(9) There emerges an organization built around a man and his peculiar emphases instead of around Christ and His Word.
(10) There will be cyclical challenges to the authority figure (which are immediately and forcefully purged).
(11) There is more concern for maintaining the authoritarian structure than there is for caring about the people in it.
BACK to “Abuse Directory”
Legal Notice: The administration of this website was taken over about September, 2004 by Med Trans 1, Inc.. The content on this site was the work of the late Jan Groenveld, and as such, Med Trans 1, Inc. is not knowledgeable about the specific content presented on this website, nor is responsible for any inaccuracies that may be discovered.
We wish to be fair to all parties involved, and there is no intent whatsoever to present inaccurate in formation. Therefore, if any group or individual feels that information presented on this site is inaccurate, please contact us. If the information is proven to be inaccurate, it will be either changed or removed upon receipt of verifiable proof being supplied to us. Verifiable proof is defined as a disinterested source independent of your group such as newspaper, encyclopedia, public records and similar sources.
Any group or individual who wishes to supply a rebuttal to any information presented on this site may do so at any time. The length of the rebuttal is to be no more in length (number of words) than the article or material being rebutted. The rebuttal is to be within an e-mail and not as an attachment. E-Mails with attachments are automatically deleted unread due to the large number of virus attacks we received in the past.
Literature, books etc. mailed to us will be discarded unread unless we specifically requested the materials. Those who send mail that is abusive in nature or combative, will not receive a response from us. Nor will any article be debated or extensive discussions be engaged in regarding an article published.
Any problems with the website, please contact the webmaster